A Continuum of Services
Riverside has developed a comprehensive Mental Health Initiative that promotes social competence through a full screening, early intervention and treatment continuum. The
Initiative targets high-risk communities and has not been awarded to date.
The Commission currently partners with the Riverside County Department of Mental Health to provide a host of mental health services including social-emotional screening and mental health treatment services to preschool-aged children at various sites throughout the county.
Mental health staff offer concerned parents case management services, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, and the
Incredible Years curriculum.
- All clients served received comprehensive service referrals
- Developmental and behavioral screening is available at 32 sites including primary health care clinics, child care and schools
- Child-focused early intervention services are available through the Incredible Years curriculum to children demonstrating severe behavioral problems
- Head Start Preschools employ the Incredible Years curriculum to accommodate children’s needs and to help preschool teachers manage disruptive classroom behaviors
- Over 1,000 children received social-emotional screenings
- 60% of participating parents showed decreases in parental stress after engaging in parenting programs
- Riverside County Department of Public Health
- Lake Elsinore Unified School District
- The First 5 California Special Needs Project
- The Carolyn E. Wylie Center for Children, Youth and Families
- V.I.P. TOTS